Promoting a better understanding of Product liability, Risk management and Business management
What we offer
The National Product Liability Association Incorporated (NPLA), formerly the Australian Product Liability Association, was formed in 1983 following the establishment of the International Product Liability Association (IPLA), and in response to the emerging issue of product liability in Australian business. NPLA has a multi-disciplinary membership enabling it to play an important role as a voice for manufacturers, retailers, the insurance industry and those who advise them regarding product liability risk.
- Promoting a better understanding of the potential costs of product liability risk measures and business management to minimize these costs including insurance, liability prevention, recovery and risk management.
- Evaluating current and proposed Australian and international product liability laws.
- Liaising with other associations, government and semi-government bodies, and other persons to further the common business interests of our members.
NPLA's membership is derived from a broad spectrum of business interests concerned with a variety of product liability issues, including:
- The manufacturing industry;
- The retail industry;
- The risk management profession;
- Industry associations;
- The insurance industry;
- The lawyers who represent these interests;
These representatives have expertise in a wide variety of areas including:
- Production and development;
- Sales and marketing;
- Advertising and public relations;
- Quality control;
- Legal matters;
- Insurance and broking;
- Risk management;