The NPLA provides a forum to represent and promote the interests of members in product liability issues, and to keep members informed of significant product liability developments.
NPLA members receive:
- access to Brief – a bi-annual publication of the NPLA covering recent product liability trends and issues from an industry perspective, with articles by business representatives, insurance consultants, risk managers, lawyers and others;
- discounted rates to all education and business events, including joint functions with other interested organisation (such as the annual seminar conducted in association with the Australian Insurance Law Association);
- access to a members-only area, which includes current and past editions of Brief and slides of past seminars;
- the opportunity to meet others interested and working in the product liability space.
NPLA's membership is derived from a broad spectrum of business interests concerned with a variety of product liability issues, including:
- The manufacturing industry
- The retail industry
- The risk management profession
- Industry associations
- The insurance industry
- The lawyers who represent these interests
These representatives have expertise in a wide variety of areas including:
- Production and development
- Sales and marketing
- Advertising and public relations
- Quality control
- Legal matters
- Insurance and broking and
- Risk management.